The traditional method for preparing sushi requires slices of raw fish to be held over unlit fires in order to secure that signature uncooked flavor. Taste the real meal with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $39 for a sushi-making class and dinner for one (a $99 value)
- $69 for a sushi-making class and dinner for two (a $198 value)
- $129 for a sushi-making class and dinner for four (a $396 value)
Each 90-minute class and dinner includes:
- Green tea and edamame appetizer
- Japanese ice cream for dessert
- Sushi-making kit to take home
- Brief educational overview of sake and wine pairings
Each person has a chance to make and eat a Vegas Roll, which wraps seaweed around tamago, shrimp, crab, smoked salmon, cream cheese, and avocado as well as a Your Way Roll, which encases crunchy shrimp tempura, cream cheese, and avocado inside boiled shrimp and crab salad and tops it with spicy mayo and eel sauce. Rolls may change due to availability. Classes begin at 3:30 p.m. every Sunday.
Kai Japanese and Asian Cuisine
Chefs Shibasaki San and Michael Luna rely on decades of culinary experience and an ever-changing supply of seasonal ingredients to craft Japanese and Chinese staples. The menu includes 58 specialty sushi rolls that feature thin-sliced fish along with a slew of premium fillings such as roasted jalapeños, red-chili sauce, and scraps of Julia Childs’s first shopping list. The rest of the pages highlight a pan-Asian selection that ranges from teriyaki entrees to yakisoba noodles and sweet and sour chicken.
2535 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, Texas 78230