Before tasers, humans defended themselves with swords, which didn’t fit into purses as neatly but were much more effective at picking food out of teeth in a pinch. Return to classic weaponry with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $28 for three kendo or samurai-sword classes (a $75 value)
- $119 for five kendo classes with a bamboo sword to take home (a $260 value)
- $119 for five samurai-sword classes with a metal sword to take home (a $260 value)
- $189 for three private kendo classes with a bamboo sword to take home (a $460 value)
- $189 for three private samurai-sword classes with a metal sword to take home (a $460 value)<p>
Instructors acquaint students with ancient martial arts during cardio-heavy kendo classes and sword-wielding lessons that foster self-discipline and confidence.
Sword Martial Arts
At Sword Martial Arts, Grand Master Jin K. Seong oversees devotees training in the ancient martial art of kendo, or kumdo, a form of sword fighting nearly 2,000 years old. A member of the International Kendo Federation with internationally recognized rankings, Sword Martial Arts ensures student safety by wrapping combatants in protective gear before they spar to hone self-discipline, develop confidence, and learn how to defeat the black knight's ghost in their attic. Though it originated as a form of combat, kendo's modern form focuses on respect for others and protection of the weak. Mook-sang meditation sessions bookend each lesson, focusing minds on the kendo philosophy and bringing pupils closer to the purity of heart most often found in baby unicorns. The academy’s schedule of classes invites neophytes and younger students to drill in foundational techniques, whereas students 15 and older grip the hilt of bamboo or metal swords under the watchful guidance of expert instructors.