The first action movie resulted from a slideshow-projector malfunction, which turned a deck of family vacation photos into a fiery, explosion-packed beachside adventure. Take a trip to the movies with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$13 for a movie outing for two (up to a $29 total value)
- Two movie tickets (up to an $8 value each). Click here to view current movies and showtimes.
- Two medium soft drinks (a $4 value each)
- One large popcorn (up to a $5 value)
$29 for a movie outing for four (up to a $65 total value)
- Four movie tickets (up to an $8 value each)
- Four medium soft drinks (a $4 value each)
- Two large popcorns (a $5 value each)
- Two bags of candy (a $3.50 each)
The Kent Theatre in Flatbush isn't just a movie theater—it's a movie star. A fixture in the neighborhood for many decades, the space was a favorite hangout of a teenage Woody Allen in the 1950s. Perhaps that was the reason he chose the Kent when scouting locations for The Purple Rose of Cairo, his paean to the early, less spaceship-filled days of cinema. The movie house still retains its vintage charm today, welcoming patrons with dramaturgical masks on its marquee and new releases on its three screens.
1170 Coney Island Ave.
Brooklyn, New York 11230