Absent of staying in a cabin in the woods, the only way to get close to nature is by slow dancing with a tiger. Embrace the wilderness at a more relaxed pace with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $189 for a two-night stay for up to four in cottage 1, 2, 3, 6, or 10 (up to a $390 value)
- $245 for a two-night stay for up to six in cottage 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, or 13 (up to a $494 value)
- $319 for a two-night stay for up to eight in cottage 14 (up to a $650 value)
- $289 for a three-night stay for up to four in cottage 1, 2, 3, 6, or 10 (up to a $585 value)
- $369 for a three-night stay for up to six in cottage 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, or 13 (up to a $741 value)
- $479 for a three-night stay for up to eight in cottage 14 (up to a $975 value)
View the resort's index for more detailed information on cottages.
Lake Nokomis stretches for more than 2,000 acres, surrounded by dense evergreen forests. It's just steps from Lakewood Resort's cluster of quaint cottages: sandy paths wind from the lakefront to the cottages, some of which rest right off the water's edge and ATV trails wind through the wild. Other cottages are tucked further back into the wooded scenery, but they all look out to Lake Nokomis.
The resort's access to Lake Nokomis makes it a nice base camp for a fishing trip. The waters are full of walleye and bass, and there's a place to clean up your catch on-site. Come nightfall, you can gather around a communal fire pit to roast marshmallows or burn embarrassing teenage journal entries.
Wood-paneled walls and others are decorated with woodsy furnishings, and the setup is simple and unfussy. Some of the cottages can comfortably sleep up to eight people, and you can cook up a freshly caught walleye in the full kitchen area. Right outside select cottages, there's a grill and picnic table for an evening cookout.
Be sure to bring along plenty of bed linens, towels, and toiletries, as the cottages are not equipped with these items.