Cooking at home means having to wait for the oven to preheat and wash the forks you’ve been using as combs. Skip the chores and eat out with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
$35 for a Puerto Rican dinner for two (up to an $82 value)
- One appetizer (up to a $12 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $25 value each)
- Two glasses of sangria or nonalcoholic drinks (up to a $10 value each)
$65 for a Puerto Rican dinner for four (up to a $164 value)
- Two appetizers (up to a $12 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $25 value each)
- Four glasses of sangria or nonalcoholic drinks (up to a $10 value each)
$95 for a Puerto Rican dinner for six (up to a $246 value)
- Three appetizers (up to a $12 value each)
- Six entrees (up to a $25 value each)
- Six glasses of sangria or nonalcoholic drinks (up to a $10 value each)
The menu includes appetizers such as shrimp-and-mango ceviche (a $12 value) and entrees of marinated skirt steak (a $24 value) or tilapia (a $17 value).
Guests can almost feel the warm breeze blowing off the Puerto Rican coast as they bite into the jumbo shrimp, mango-topped ceviche, and tilapia crafted at Latin Kitchen. Many of the dishes’ components actually did grow in that warm island air before arriving in New York to mingle with skirt steak and chicken. Visitors knife into El Gran Churrasco, which piles grilled onions and peppers onto a skirt steak, so called because diners must wear a skirt while eating it. Puerto Rico’s staple plantains pop up in mofongito, mashed and combined with chicken or roast pork, as well as in pasteles, tucked into banana leaves alongside pork. Chicken also graces the menu, spiced with housemade sauces or fried for the restaurant’s signature chicharon de pollo.
As they linger amid the dining room’s wood floors and salmon-colored walls, guests can sip freshly prepared sangria. White tablecloths and potted plants add to an atmosphere occasionally enlivened with the beats of DJs and live bands after someone has thrown a bucket of water on the sun to douse its light.
The food here is so good! Great local place. Atmosphere is friendly and warm.Yagyu, TripAdvisor, 1/12/11
3841 East Tremont Avenue
Bronx, New York 10465-2421