Doctors recommend that people laugh at least eight times a day, lest the pent-up yuks collect in the body's whoopee cushions and make sitting down both uncomfortable and embarrassing. Use laughter of the front to prevent laughter of the rear with today's Groupon: for $7, you get a ticket, plus 10% off dinner and drinks (up to a $20 value), at Laughs Comedy Spot in Kirkland. This Groupon, which expires November 13, is valid for the following shows:
- Orny Adams—a 13-year veteran of stand-up and a regular on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno—performs on Friday, October 8, at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m., and Saturday, October 9, at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Matt Braunger—recently a series regular on MadTV with a regular role at Upright Citizens Brigade in LA—performs on Thursday, October 14, at 8:30 p.m.; Friday, October 15, at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.; and Saturday, October 16, at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Ladies Night with Wendy Liebman—which includes a wine tasting, shopping, and a massage from Massage Envy—will be on Thursday, October 21, at 8:30 p.m.
- Wendy Liebman returns with full shows on Friday, October 22, at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m., and Saturday, October 23, at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Al Madrigal—who has co-starred in two CBS primetime sitcoms and is a regular sketch performer on Late Show with David Letterman—performs on Friday, November 5, at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m., and Saturday, November 6, at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
Shows typically run 90 minutes to two hours.
Owned and operated by husband-and-wife comics Dave and Angela Dennison, Laughs Comedy Spot supplements its sundry cackles, chuckles, and chortles with a full bar and menu of simple American fare. With 10% off food and drinks during the show, feel free to split a basket of sweet potato fries dusted with brown sugar and butter ($5) or nachos piled high with jalapenos, beans, chili, cheese, chicken, or beef ($9.50) as you savor the amusing fruits of each comedian's unique set of psychological baggage. Attendees can also stopgap split sides with more substantial sustenance, such as butternut squash ravioli ($8) or a sweet and spicy cheeseburger ($9). Of course, nothing keeps the good times rolling like good old-fashioned funny juice, be it a margarita ($8.50), Manhattan ($8), beer ($4 and up), or bottle of wine (up to $30). The newly remodeled 200-seat theater features a state-of-the-art sound system and impeccable sight lines. Let the Laughter Fairy enter the ear canal and do a gymnastics routine across the diaphragm with today's Groupon to Laughs Comedy Spot.
Must be 21 years or older.
- Laughs Comedy Spot is centrally located, is very clean, awesome atmosphere and parking is available and free! And the comics are HILARIOUS! – Kerrbear, Citysearch
- The food is great, the service is top notch and the owners have done an awesome job at making sure that everyone from their staff to their customers to their comics are taken care of the way they should be. – mcduglea, Citysearch
“Love LAUGHS! Always a great time.”
“Check YouTube for a sample of the upcoming comedian to assess if your kind of humor. Don't sit in the first two rows unless you want to be picked on.”
“Get there early for the best seating ”
12099 124th Ave.
Kirkland, Washington 98034Get Directions