Going out to eat allows you to enjoy fine dining without having to procure exotic ingredients or build a sommelier out of an old computer. Lap up luxury with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $29 for the Sultan feast for two (a $64 value)
- $49 for the Sultan feast for four (a $128 value)
- $69 for the Sultan feast for six (a $174 value)<p>
The Sultan feast includes:
- Casablanca salad with homemade hummus and pita bread
- Atlas Bastilla—a filo-dough pastry filled with chicken, spiced eggs, and almonds
- Berber tagine—chicken braised with herbs, onions, and lemon
- Casbah couscous with caramelized onions, raisins, and chickpeas
- Your choice of beef, chicken, lamb, or vegetable shish kebabs
- Moroccan baklava
- Hot mint tea
- Vegetarian substitutes available upon request<p>
Stretched amidst pillows, berber rugs, and the glow of brass lamps, diners at Little Marakesh must balance their attention between feeding their own stomachs and watching those of the performers. Belly dancers twirl past tabletops on Friday and Saturday night, feeding the warm, ethereal ambiance of the Moroccan hideaway. Surrounded by red and gold decor, the diners dig into house specialties such as the Atlas Bastille—shredded chicken with herbs, spiced eggs, and almonds stuffed in a sugar-speckled filo-dough pastry. They can order dishes à la carte or as part of a prix fixe feast, which includes salad, chicken tagine, and couscous.
According to Philadelphia magazine, native Moroccan Terry Manfa founded the restaurant out of nostalgia for his country. Commissioning a team of chefs to craft authentic shish kebabs, grape leaves, and hummus was only one part of relieving his homesickness—he eventually added a hookah menu and a bazaar, where patrons can browse handmade pottery, bags, and other goods from Moroccan artisans. The captivating belly-dance shows and communal atmosphere lend themselves to dinner gatherings, whether groups are celebrating a birthday or showing coworkers how to dress on casual-midriff Fridays.
80% of 89 customers recommend
“great time the belly dancer kept my 2 year old son well entertained ;} ”
“a very fun time with good food!”
“Food was delicious and service was great!!”