The hardest part of writing a short story is what to do with all the millions of dollars it will earn you, but the second hardest part is coming up with an idea for one. Here is a free list of ideas for short stories that we would be thrilled if anyone used:
- While her husband is at work, a sad woman looks at a photograph of her sister on the beach.
- Men come to blows over whose father was more distant.
- It’s like a sheep or a mouse or something but it talks like a human would and has an iPhone. You don’t have to try very hard on this one.
- A lady and a man are on a plane on their way to go hunting in Africa. They are married but they do NOT like each other.
- A thinly veiled story from your life that follows no plot structure because that’s probably what you’re gonna write anyway.
- What if horses rode humans around for work and sport? What then, huh?