Roller coasters were developed to counter the dull pace of early amusement-park attractions such as the ennui house and tilt-a-loiter. Experience modern thrills with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $24 for an entertainment package for one (up to a $48 total value)
- $46 for an entertainment package for two (up to a $96 total value)
- $89 for an entertainment package for four (up to a $192 total value)
Each person receives:
- One four-hour wristband valid for unlimited rides on 21 attractions at Luna Park (up to a $29 value)
- One ride on the "The Cyclone Roller Coaster" (up to a $9 value)
- One $10 voucher to use at Place to Beach, a Mexican restaurant and bar
Luna Park in Coney Island
The successor to Coney Island’s iconic amusement parks of the 20th century, Luna Park delights families with games, entertainment, and attractions ranging from classic spinning teacups to the Cyclone Roller Coaster, an 85-foot roller coaster originally built in 1927. As youngsters acclimate to adrenaline on low-fi rides such as the Big Top Express, a colorful circus train featuring clowns, elephants, and a bright-red caboose, bigger kids and stilt-wearing toddlers dive in to such exciting diversions as the Wild River, a log flume that culminates in a sopping, 40-foot plunge. Luna Park packs even bigger thrills into roller coasters such as the Steeplechase, which accelerates from zero to 40 miles per hour in less than two seconds, and the Soarin’ Eagle, which glides above crowds on the paths below.
Soon, the park will unveil an even bigger thrill—the 125-foot tall "Thunderbolt" roller coaster, currently under construction, will send riders careening up to 65 miles per hour over more than 2,000 feet of track. Throughout the day, games such as Whac-a-Mole and Duck Pond challenge players’ skills at naming every animal’s Latin taxonomy.
I like the rides here. There's a great variety from low thrill to high thrill, from kid-friendly to adult-only.Jason G., Yelp, 7/22/12
The Luna Park has plenty of rides that are nice, new and comfy - they offer a good panoramic view at decent height, let you fly in the skyWendy G., Yelp, 8/12/12
1000 Surf Ave
Brooklyn, New York 11224