Jump to: Reviews
While traditionally used as a weapon, a barbecue-beef brisket sandwich with red onion jam is the perfect hunk of meat to put in your mouth. This Groupon gets you $15 worth of upscale sandwiches and everything else for $5 at Lunch Rolls in the Loop. It serves "scratch cooking on a roll"—swanky sandwiches such as Moroccan lamb, smoked whitefish, and Cajun shrimp jambalaya at $6.29 per sandwich. Even the oven-roasted turkey is deliciously distinct: it's served with stuffing and gravy. The menu also has fresh and juicy classics such as skirt steak, buffalo chicken, and Italian meatball sandwiches.
Lunch Rolls' sandwiches are served on fresh-baked deli rolls or wheat pita rolls, or get one wrapped in lettuce. Sides include cous cous, banana bread pudding, and mac and cheese. This Groupon is good Monday through Friday (Lunch Rolls isn't open on Saturdays and Sundays, when local codes forbid eating lunch). If you redeem before 11:30 a.m., receive a free side. Lunch Rolls is a retro-style restaurant that took the former space of Spa Cafe. Service is fast and friendly, and Centerstage Chicago says the genial staff plus the pumping oldies make Lunch Rolls "a pleasant experience."
- The good people that brought you Salad Spinners tackle the artform of the irresistible, freshly made sandwich with the Loop's newest lunch meets rock and roll stop, the aptly named Lunch Rolls. By cutting open the bread roll on the top rather than on the sides and dropping the meats within, Lunch Rolls has a catchy, modest gimmick to attract on-the-goers, but it will likely maintain a long-term fanbase through high-quality ingredients, obscure, unorthodox sandwich offerings, and the feel-good hits of the past 60 years (a welcome alternative to the usual top 40, lite rock or muzak). – Andy Seifert, Centerstage Chicago
- Fellow foodie @robking2520 and I split a smoked whitefish sandwich on a white lunch roll with a side of mac and cheese, and a Morrocan lamb sandwich on a wheat lunch roll with a side of grilled veggies... Both sandwiches were excellent. We liked the whitefish a bit better, but that's because we both prefer white bread lunch rolls... The sides were good too, especially the mac and cheese. – Bridget, Chicago Bites
Yelpers give Lunch Rolls 3.5 stars:
- I was thoroughly impressed with this place... The staff was super friendly and quick, the place was clean and the prices were relatively reasonable. – Dave S.
- Excellent sandwiches in the Loop... Every sanwich [sic] I've tried was very good - pulled pork, brisket, lamb, cajun shrimp, smoke white fish. Any of these sandwiches are 10 times better than the usual Jimmy John's/Pot Belly sandwiches you'll get elsewhere around the Loop... – Reas B.
- Yummy Lunch Rolls!! What can I say? These Lunch Rolls are really good and their sides are to die for amazing. – Carrie M.