Sharing a meal builds camaraderie, much like doing a trust fall with every passenger before evacuating a sinking ship. Bolster friendships with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$29 for dinner for two people (up to an $82 total value)
- One tapas plate (up to a $14 value)
- Two large plates (up to a $25 value each)
- Two glasses of wine or draft beer (up to a $9 value each)<p>
$52 for dinner for four people (up to a $164 total value)
- Two tapas plates (up to a $14 value each)
- Four large plates (up to a $25 value each)
- Four glasses of wine or draft beer (up to a $9 value each)<p>
The tapas plates include sautéed calamari, eggplant rollatini with imported ricotta cheese, and prosciutto and pear. The large plates include pork masala, grilled tiger shrimp, and Italian-style fettuccini with fennel sausage. See the full seasonal menu.<p>
Unlike its eclectic selection of seasonal dishes, Lura Restaurant features a design theme hinged on two simple materials: wood and rock. Walls lined with exposed stone and brick surround stained-wood tables, thick timber columns, and a wooden mantle above a fireplace. Patrons gather in the rustic setting to share Mediterranean-style tapas, which may include sun-dried-tomato hummus, tahini artichoke hearts, and Italian-style fettuccini with fennel sausage or to devour individual dishes, such as grilled tiger shrimp and steak frites. As its cocktail-embedded logo suggests, Lura Restaurant also offers a number of mixed drinks, wine, and beer that pair perfectly with the seasonally changing menu and your frenemy’s face.
Although its eclectic selection of seasonal dishes features countless ingredients, Lura's design hinges on only two things: wood and rocks. Exposed-brick and stone walls accented by latticework surround wooden tables and thick timber columns while the heat from a gas fireplace wafts through the space. Patrons gather in this rustic setting to share Mediterranean-style tapas and indulge in hearty entrees.
Key Ingredients and Where to Find Them
- Harissa: Orders of mussels can arrive in a spicy broth tinged with this hot-chili paste.
- Parmigiano Reggiano: Creamy risotto becomes even more decadent with the addition of one of Italy's most iconic cheeses.
- Truffle: The chicken schnitzel's mashed potatoes benefit from the earthy, savory flavor of truffles.
- Tzatziki sauce: No rack of lamb leaves the kitchen without its side of refreshing, yogurt-based sauce.
- Carbon atoms: Almost every menu item has carbon in it somewhere.
Feasts for the Eyes and Ears
Within the cozy confines of its dining room, Lura provides patrons with plenty of opportunities to treat more than just their taste buds. In addition to displaying works by visual artists, the eatery also hosts live shows throughout the week. DJs and jazz bands entertain crowds on select evenings, and burlesque dancers perform every Tuesday and Saturday night.
77% of 165 customers recommend
“Dined with family (party of 8) for my wife's birthdsy. Extremely nice, accommodative and professional staff. Good was excellent. Wilol return for certain. ”
“Great food flaborful. Happy Pleasent Service. Not a Huge cocktail or beer selection but good enough. Nice cozy place for good friends to have a good bite. Would...”
“Great food flaborful. Happy Pleasent Service. Not a Huge cocktail or beer selection but good enough. Nice cozy place for good friends to have a good bite. Would recommend to the place a good Greek wine or two on the menu - and more appropriate music that matched the ambiance and flavor of food. Overall good time. Will go back”
“Great little neighborhood place, food was generally excellent -- went with a groupon and quite a bargain. Would definitely return. ”
Upper West Side
949 Columbus Ave.
Manhattan, New York 10025