- $5 for $20 worth of on-demand ride services
Customers can use the free Lyft app on their smart-phone to instantly summon a ride anywhere around town at rates generally lower than regular cab fare. Some sample rates include:
- East Liberty to Downtown: $16
- Shadyside to Mt. Washington: $14
- South Side (East Carson Street) to Lawrenceville: $15
- East Carson Street to Dormont: $16
Lyft is your friend with a car. Passengers can log into the app on their smartphone, request a ride with tap of a button, see a picture of their car and driver, and be on their way within minutes. Besides making rides convenient with cashless payments, Lyft rides also make for an economically sound choice—typically, Lyft is more affordable than traditional taxis. The company has received an array of press accolades—including features by USA Today, Forbes, and the New York Times. They have also been featured in a Conan sketch.