Fusing international cuisines creates provocative new dishes, whereas fusing international languages still just sounds like Latin. Savour flavours without borders with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
$35 for a three-course lunch for two (a $71 total value)
- A choice of soup of the day or mixed-greens salad for each person (an $18 value)
- A choice of entree for each person, such as a 12-inch Romeo pulled-pork burrito and a mexican pizza with pickled jalapenos, pineapple, black forest ham, and chorizo (a $30 value)
- Fruit sorbet for each person (a $14 value)
- Pop, juice, coffee, or tea for each person (a $9 value)
- View the prix fixe lunch menu
$54 for a three-course dinner for two, valid Friday–Saturday (a $109 total value)
$54 for a three-course dinner for two, valid Sunday–Thursday (a $109 total value)
- A choice of soup of the day or house salad for each person (a $18 value)
- A choice of four tapas to share, including the Siesta nachos with roasted tomato, garlic sauce, mozzarella cheese, corn, beans, and cilantro, and the chorizo tostado with red wine, capers, onions, olives, and green peppers (a $58 value)
- Fruit sorbet or small dessert for each person (a $16 value)
- A choice of two Mambo cocktails (a $17 value)
- View the prix fixe dinner menu
Mambo Restaurante Nuevo Latino
Head chef Pablo Robaina is out to change minds. “Many people think Latin American food is just beans and rice,” he said in a 2008 interview with the Ottawa City Guide, “but there are so many other ingredients that can blow your mind with flavour.” Though the restaurant’s small plates, such as rollos de pollos, tacos del norte, and chorizo tostado, stay true to the chef’s Mexican and Venezuelan roots, Robaina also looks to other continents for culinary inspiration in such dishes as the Spanish-style tapas and the curried rack of lamb. Since being opened by the creators of Kinki Asian Fusion in 2007, Mambo Restaurante Nuevo Latino has embodied a multicultural culinary tradition as if it were built on the international date line.
I like this place, was there Friday for the music and it brought me back to my days in c-u-b-a!tinaa, 11/12/12
Food very tasty and well presented.MsKartman, 10/6/12
Byward Market - Parliament Hill
77 Clarence St.
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 5P5Get Directions