History museums give you a glimpse into a more decent era, when there were no computers and you had to marry your food before you could eat it. Partake in the past with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $5 for admission for two ($8 value)
- $9 for admission for four ($16 value)
- $10 for a one-year individual membership ($20 value)
- $15 for a one-year family membership ($30 value)
- Unlimited admission for a full year, beginning with your first visit
- Invites to special events
- Subscription to the museum's newsletter
- 10% off at the gift shop
- 10% off children's birthday parties
Matagorda County Museum
It's easy to picture what life was like in centuries past at Matagorda County Museum. That's because the museum highlights the county's most memorable events with both detailed recreations and actual artifacts. Guests can absorb the county's nautical history by viewing a cannon and other artifacts recovered from a shipwreck at the bottom of Matagorda Bay. They can also learn about indigenous family life or discover the charms and hardships of life in a covered wagon thanks to exhibits on those topics.
For an even more immersive experience, families need only step in to the award-winning children's section of the museum. There, kids can discover what life was really like more than 100 years ago in a recreation of a late 19th-century town. Newly minted citizens can swing by the town's O.K. Corral to drop off their horses, stop into the barber shop for a shave and a haircut, or head to the one-room schoolhouse to look over education primers. Other places of interest include an opera house, a post office, and, in case anyone at the post office gets caught opening letters not addressed to them, a jail.
2100 Avenue F
Bay City, Texas 77414