Choose from Two Options
- $20 for $40 worth of lunch
- $25 for $40 worth of dinner
See the full menu, which includes fried chicken and eggnog waffles as well as a catfish po'boy sandwich and three-cheese mac 'n' cheese.
With its softly lit dining room and heaped plates of soul food, Harlem eatery Melba's might strike the perfect balance of coziness and elegance. “People always feel like they’re going home when they go to Melba’s,” owner Melba Wilson told Daily News.
Southern Soul Food with a Harlem Twist
Wilson drew on a treasure trove of memories while creating her menu. Born and raised in Harlem, she serves dishes that reflect the neighborhood's cultural intersections as well as her family's southern roots. Her kitchen turns out spring rolls stuffed with collards, black-eyed peas, and red rice, and main courses such as wine-braised short ribs or buttermilk-dredged fried chicken with eggnog waffles.
What the Experts Say
- Bobby Flay, host of Food Network's "Throwdown! With Bobby Flay", declared Wilson the "queen bee" of chicken and waffles after facing off with her in a cooking challenge.
- A blogger at Serious Eats called Wilson's complicated winning recipe "the work of a mad woman," but added that "when all the elements come together (and are doused with syrup) it's insane in the most delicious way."
- They might not be culinary experts, but celebrities such as Katy Perry and Pharrell have been spotted stopping by Melba's for a plate of comfort food and a hug from the owner.
90% of 116 customers
“Food is good.....that was a good use of a groupon”
“Great food, great service. ”
“Great food, great vibe”
300 W 114th St.
New York, New York 10026