Like a toga party, a spa fosters an easygoing climate where people are often found wearing bathrobes. Revel in relaxation with today's Groupon to Metropolitan Aromatherapy and Relaxation Studio. Choose from the following options:
- For $29, you get a $19 gift certificate to use toward aromatherapy and jewellery and a one-hour massage (a $95 value, $114 total value), with a choice of:
- Classic relaxation
- Lymphatic drainage
- For $67, you get a mini spa package (a $162.50 total value), which includes:
- One-hour massage (a $95 value)
- Half-hour aromatherapy facial with head, neck, and shoulder massage (a $47.50 value)
- $20 gift certificate to use toward aromatherapy and jewellery
- For $169, you get a Spa Session C full-body spa package (a $395 value), which includes:
- Colour-therapy footbath
- Reflexology foot treatment with arm-and-shoulder massage
- Head-and-neck massage
- Facial shiatsu massage
- Therapeutic clay facial mask
- 90-minute massage or clay pack
- Salt rub
- Fresh fruit and herbal tea
The staff at Metropolitan Aromatherapy and Relaxation Studio aims to balance each client with treatments that relax the mind and body and encourage personal well-being with health and wellness education. For a one-hour massage, patrons select one of four modalities, each performed in a private room softened by candlelight, velvet curtains, and marshmallow-topped beds. Lymphatic-drainage treatments warm up muscles with essential oils and hot towels before employing deep-tissue techniques to spur the removal of toxins; the classic massage flavours skin with warmed aromatherapy oils. Clients may opt to add an aromatherapy facial, which infuses skin with clay and herbs to improve tone as scented compression and a head, neck, and shoulder massage ease tension from piggybacking hitchhikers.
Spa Session C indulges patrons in nine steps over three hours, including a reflexology treatment that immerses paws in warm water blooming with flowers and essential oils before therapists knead knots from arches. A customized clay pack paints skin with one of five concoctions, each sown with a distinct herbal blend designed to support goals such as detoxification, relaxation, or greener complexions. Technicians soften skin with a full-body salt rub, during which hands massage warm lotion and salt crystals into limbs to loosen dead skin cells and jump-start circulation.
Metropolitan Aromatherapy and Relaxation Studio
Candlelight flickers inside a treatment room, where relaxing aromatherapy scents mingle in the air with the gentle strains of soothing music. This is the home of Metropolitan Aromatherapy and Relaxation Studio‘s holistic practitioners, who aim to balance minds and bodies with massages that de-stress and soothe aches with natural oils, varying pressures, and hot stones. The private rooms also host intuitive services such as chakra balancing, which combines essential oils, crystals, and massage.
Elsewhere in the spa, body-vibration platforms help clients shimmy their way to slimmer waists and toned muscles. Before departing, they can wander up to the rooftop to take in gorgeous views of towering mountains.
304-350 E 2nd Ave.
Vancouver, British Columbia V5T 4R8