Kids should learn to dance at an early age, before they have to put on the business shoes that prevent them from ever dancing again. Let them get footloose while they're still fancy-free with this Groupon.
$129 for 10 Weekly Youth Dance Classes ($260 Value)
Beginning the week of April 1, kids aged 3–12 are welcome to enroll in a 10-week class session that runs through the week of June 15. The following classes are available, and each is capped at 15 students:
- Preschool ballet (ages 3–4), Mondays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pre-primary ballet (ages 5–6), Mondays from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Beginning jazz (ages 7–12), Mondays from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Beginning hip-hop (ages 7–8), Tuesdays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Beginning hip-hop (ages 9–12), Tuesdays from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Beginning boys' breakdancing and hip-hop (ages 7–12), Tuesdays from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Metropolitan School of The Arts
The former Metropolitan Fine Arts Center founded more than 14 years ago has recently joined forces with the Metropolitan School of The Arts. This multidisciplinary performing-arts organization fosters choreographed skills and creates performance opportunities in dance, music, and theater for a diverse population of students of all ages and abilities. Its students have gone to perform on Broadway, at The Juilliard School, and in highly esteemed companies, such as the Mark Morris Dance Company, The Washington Ballet, and Microsoft. Youth programs include musical-theater and fine-arts workshops, as well as ballet and other half-day dance camps for children as young as 3. Adult classes range from basic to advanced, including ballet, jazz, and tap lessons, plus yoga and ballet-barre fitness workouts.