Teenagers idolize pizza due to its portable nature and refusal to stay in a box, man. Eat your way to independence with today's Groupon from Mio Pizza. Choose from two options:
- For $10, you get a one-pizza meal (a $20 value) including:
- One large traditional-crust pizza (an $11 value)
- Two toppings (a $1.50 value each)
- One appetizer (a $6 value)
- For $26, you get a two-pizza meal (a $52 value) including:
- Two large traditional-crust pizzas (an $11 value each)
- Two toppings per pizza (a $1.50 value each)
- Two appetizers (a $6 value each)
- A family-size house salad (a $12 value)
Both options are valid for dine-in or carryout.
The former head chef at Mio Kitchen and Wine Bar, Mathew Porco tossed aside his saucier pans and picked up a rolling pin to create Mio Pizza, a traditional takeout pizza place dishing out a no-frills menu of pies, paninis, hoagies, and calzones. Embark on your marinara mission with a choice of one or two appetizers, such as banana peppers stuffed with tomato sauce, provolone, and a secret message from actor Peter Graves ($6). Then, chefs pile the 16-inch traditional crust of one or two large pizzas with a duo of toppings, such as pepperoni and sausage or black olives and mushrooms, and a helping of hearty house-cooked sauce. With the two-pizza option, an additional house salad ($6) serves a family of four humans or 12 rabbits, tempting both species with tomatoes, onions, cucumber, and provolone cheese slathered in house-made dressing.
After ordering, customers can take a seat at one of the restaurant's three tables to slurp sauce amid brightly lit minimalist décor. Or, take pizzas home to let the savory scent of melted cheese permeate the rooms of a house, apartment, or underwater scuba hotel.