Without breweries, beer drinkers would have to distill their own alcohol at home from hops, barley, and Peter O’Toole’s tears. Leave the craft to the craftsmen with this Groupon.
- $25 for a gold-embossed growler with two fills and Growler Club membership (Up to $58 value)
The Growler Club membership includes:
- 25% discount on growler fills every Wednesday
- 15% discount on growler fills every day of the week * Access to Growler Club events
- First access to limited release beers
- Newsletter and updates on beers, the brewery, and the tasting room
- Other exclusive updates throughout the year
The early 20th century birthed the first incarnation of Mission Brewery, in which California newsboys and other pre–Jazz Era scallywags tossed back their sudsy concoctions before Prohibition closed its doors. Despite its short tenure since its reestablishment in 2007, Mission Brewery has already snatched medals from the Great American Beer Festival and other competitions for its pantheon of brews. In its tasting room, patrons claim bottles or sample draft beers that include the Bavarian-style hefeweizen with hints of banana, clove, and pear; a russian imperial stout; or the Shipwrecked Double IPA, a strong concoction that, like walking on hot coals, benefits from a liberal use of hops. Located just a few blocks from the San Diego Padre's Petco Park, guests can enjoy tours through the rows of gleaming vats in the brewing chambers, which are housed in the historic Wonder Bread Building, rumored to be haunted by multicolored polka dots.