Wine can function as a social lubricant and conversation starter, especially if you seal off a cocktail party and slowly fill the room with it. Uncork a good time with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $69 for weekend wine-tasting experience for up to six, between noon and 4 p.m. (a $200 value)
- $69 for weekday wine-tasting experience for up to six at 1 p.m. or 3 p.m. (a $200 value)
- Private wine tasting for up to 6 people
- One glass of wine per person
- A tour of the barrel room and winemaking process
- An appetizer picnic on the grounds
- Lawn games and bocce ball
The weekday option excludes Fridays from May through September. Call ahead to schedule.
Moravia Wine's Howard Hammond is the patriarch of the family vineyards. For Howard, farming is a family tradition that stretches back to the late 19th century, when his Danish ancestor, Hans Jacob Jeppesen, arrived in America aboard a Norwegian vessel named "Moravia." Today, Howard, his wife Barbara, and a new generation of Hammonds carry on that tradition at the family's vineyards, a 400-acre estate in West Fresno. There, they produce Moravia wine inside a World War II-era farm and equipment barn. The barn's interior has undergone major changes to accommodate the production process and frequent tasting events. But its exterior still uses the original brickwork, maintaining the building's character.