Art can portray the world's most complex subjects: the passion of love, the horrors of war, and the despair of fruit waiting to be eaten. Hold a mirror to nature with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $30 for one individual membership (a $50 value)
- $45 for a dual membership for two (a $90 value)
- $49 for a family membership for two adults and two children 18 and younger (a $100 value)
All memberships include:
- Personalized MOCAD membership card
- 15% discount on all items in the MOCAD Store
- Free admission to all exhibition openings
- Complimentary or discounted admission to select public programs
- Discounts at local affiliate businesses
- Copy of the MOCAD quarterly members newsletter
Click here for information about current exhibitions.
Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit
For an art museum, the flat, cracked facade of the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit (MOCAD) is shockingly stark, yet there's beauty in its realness. The walls that once framed an abandoned car dealership now host Barry McGee's "Untitled" mural of writ-large graffiti on the building's exterior, greeting people with an uncompromising sense of honesty that permeates through to the art collection within. MOCAD's informal approach to art exhibition shares a kindred spirit with few other museums, with exhibits that swap museum-imposed artifice for relatable, raw beauty. That didn't go unnoticed by The New York Times, who hailed the collection for "seeing the seediness, and celebrating it."
Never straying from a mission to present contemporary works that reflect the current culture, inspire dialogue, and engage the community, MOCAD's stunning exhibitions narrate the history and future of the Motor City. Public programs such as lectures, literary readings, live music performances, films, and children's educational activities further engage visitors, and the MOCAD store offers exclusive t-shirts, magazines, kid's toys, and jewelry.