Choose Between Two Options
- $59 for an 18-hole round of golf with cart rental and lunch for one (a $160 value)
- $109 for the above golf outing for two (a $320 value)
Private course; Groupon holders and private members only.
National Golf Club
National Golf Club is the result of a collaboration nearly 20 million years in the making. Ancient oceans sculpted the terrain's hills and made it suitable for longleaf and southern pines to grow high. Then golf legend Jack Nicklaus swooped in to lend his expertise. He designed each hole, doglegging his signature wide fairways toward fast, undulating greens of bent grass. Then there’s the water. Four lakes toy with golfers on all but a handful of holes, testing their accuracy and tact as they flirt with disaster.
Perhaps most notable is the par-4, 439-yard fifth hole. Following a blind drive, players test their technical savvy with a downhill approach toward a rocky creek and a 5-foot hand-stacked stone wall. A short shot could mean a bogey, or worse, a swim. Nicklaus’s design rewards the risk taker, though—a backstop behind the green gives long shots a helping hand, rolling them back toward the hole.
Course at a Glance:
* 18-hole, par-72 course
* Total length of 7,122 yards from the back tees
* Course rating of 75.5 from the back tees
* Slope rating of 138 from the back tees
* Four sets of tees per hole