Science is more than just a class you had to take in high school; it's also what the people who taught those classes do in their free time. Enrich yourself with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $45 for a one-year family membership ($75 value)
- $24 for a one-year individual membership ($40 value)
National Museum Of Nuclear Science & History
There are numerous sides to every story, and that's certainly the case when it comes to man's mastery of the atom. The National Museum Of Nuclear Science & History chronicles the events before, during, and after the Manhattan Project brought about the atomic bomb and thrust the world into the nuclear age. The museum gives equal weight to both the bad and good, from the tensions of the Cold War to the benefits that nuclear technology has brought to modern medicine.
- Eye Catcher: the actual casings of Little Boy and Fat Man, the bombs dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima
- Permanent Mainstay:Pioneers of the Atom, which profiles Einstein, Madame Curie, and others who helped unlock the secrets of the atom
- Visiting Exhibit: Sacrifice & Service: The American Military Family, where dog tags, family photos, and military memorabilia paint a picture of American military families past and present
- Don't Miss: Atomic Annie, an atomic cannon showcased outdoors in Heritage Park
- Special Programs: outdoor movie showings and a science summer camp for kids
100% of 12 customers recommend
“Great science museum! ”
“Informative and interesting - staff was very nice.”