Pilots are the cowboys of the air, roaming the wide-open skies and herding children's runaway balloons. Giddy up, up, and away with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$64 for a Flight Experience (a $129 value)
- Hands-on preflight inspection and aircraft-safety run-up
- 30 minutes of flight time with full control of plane from takeoff and climb-out to cruising and landing
- In-flight support from an FAA-certified instructor who provides debriefing
- Six-month subscription to Flight Training magazine
$149 for an Introductory Flight Course (a $299.04 total value)
- Three hours of flight instruction (a $120 value)
- 50 minutes of flight time with a commercial pilot (a $108.54 value)
- Flight Training 101 course book (a $35.50 value)
- Six-month subscription to Flight Training magazine (a $35 value)
- Access to the Flight Training 101 pilots' forum
New Horizons Aviation
Dreams take flight in the most literal of ways at New Horizons Aviation, where professional pilots strap into one of seven winged vessels and dart across the skies with budding aviators in tow. Based inside the cozy hangars of Reading Regional Airport, the flight school relies on a comprehensive instructional program known as Flight Training 101, which unites rigorous training with a flexible approach. The program’s innovative progress tracking system measures students’ skills as they advance through basic tasks such as taxiing the plane along the runway, taking off, and skydiving for the pilot’s license that instructors throw overboard once airborne. In addition to flight instruction, New Horizons Aviation offers aircraft rental, aerial photography, and a pilot shop stocked with essential parts and accessories.