Without frequent exposure to art, viewers may struggle to discern whether they're looking at an impressionist masterpiece or out a heavily smudged window. Start your eye training with today's Groupon to the New Museum. Choose between the following options:
- For $30, you get a one-year individual Standard membership (a $60 value).
- For $50, you get a one-year dual Standard membership (a $100 value).
Each membership will be valid through March 31, 2013, and includes:
- Personalized membership card
- Free, unlimited general admission
- Invitations to members-only exhibition viewings and receptions
- Discounts at the New Museum Store and the New Museum's café
- Discounts on New Museum publications and tickets to screenings, performances, and panels
- Seasonal discounts to local neighborhood shops and restaurants
The New Museum, founded in 1977, celebrates contemporary art with seven floors of galleries and exhibits inside a 60,000-foot, award-winning building whose unique architecture the New York Times describe as "a dramatic configuration of irregularly stacked boxes clad in shiny metal." Upcoming New Museum Triennial The Ungovernables, opening February 15, celebrates the impact of a generation of artists, groups, and collectives born between the mid '70s and mid '80s, capped off by a members-only Leap Year Cocktail Party on February 29. Brian Bress's Status Report employs colorful costumes and low-tech video to convey the struggles of navigating interpersonal relationships as Rose II, Isa Genzken's 28-foot sculpture of a pink perennial, explores the mind's perception of scale and acts as a major tourist stop for mutant bumblebees from all over the world. Photographs collected from the Beirut Art Center chronicle the censorship of art in Lebanon and its effects on the work of artists and the communities in which the art exists.
Museum members enjoy a slew of benefits throughout the year, beginning with a personalized membership card that grants them free, unlimited general admission and constant reminders of their last name. Along with invitations to members-only exhibition viewings, New Museum followers also receive a 10% discount at the museum store and café, a 20% discount on museum publications, and discounts on tickets to upcoming performances.
Great place to discover emerging and international artists!Elizabeth, Google Places, 12/15/11
Lower East Side
Manhattan, New York 10002