Bicycles are machines propelled by your legs, much like a broken Roomba you just kicked out a window. Rage against the machines with this Groupon.
Choose from Eight Options
- $569 for one week of action-sports summer camp ($950 value)
Choose one the following sessions:
- Scooter camp from June 15–21
- Scooter camp from June 22–28
- Scooter or skateboard camp from June 29–July 5
- Scooter or skateboard camp from July 6–12
- Scooter or BMX freestyle camp from July 13–19
- Scooter or BMX freestyle camp from July 20–26
- Scooter or BMX freestyle camp from July 27–August 2
- Scooter or BMX freestyle camp from August 3–9
What's your dream? If the answer to that question involves flipping through the air or launching off a ramp, then that fantasy is well within reach. On the outskirts of Butler, Ohio lies Ohio Dreams—the site of action sports training camps for skating, skiing, and BMX. Ohio Dreams' counselors lead eight-week sessions for campers 7–17 years old. They also host adult classes for one to four days. To ensure everyone gets the necessary instruction, the camps maintain a five-to-one camper-to-counselor ratio.
Riders pedal their way around a 1,400-foot BMX track, where bikes bank along dirt turns and hop over jumps. A three-level concrete and wood jungle serves as the domain of skateboards and scooters, and adventures await in the indoor big ramp park. As for snow sports, the warm weather doesn't stop the camp. Ohio Dreams makes use of water ramps, where skiers and snowboarders slide down a simulated mountainside, soar into the air, and come down into a deep swimming pool, which some theories say is filled with the same substance that makes up snow. These adrenaline-filled days end in dorm-style lodging, before the sun rises on the next adventure.