The human palate can make very subtle distinctions, from finding floral notes in a pinot noir to determining the exact value of a rare stamp. Lick your thirst with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $12 for a wine tasting for two (a $24 total value)
- $23 for a wine tasting for four (a $48 total value)
Each wine tasting includes:
- Eight tastings per person (a $10 value each)
- One glass of wine per person (a $10 value each)
- One tappo pour per pair (a $4 value each)
- One take-home stemless glass per person
- A tour of the winery’s tank rooms
Old Stone Winery
Before moving to Charlotte and taking the reins at Old Stone Winery, Darin and Naomi Griffin lived in Germany, where they refined their palates at wine festivals in the Rheingau region. Nowadays, they pass along the fruits of their experience via wines such as their 2007 chambourcin, which won a double gold at the North Carolina State Fair, and their sweet muscadine wine, which won the 2008 Muscadine Cup. The latter was crafted from grapes grown on the winery’s 130-acre estate.
The Griffins strive to use local sources for the rest of their eclectic wine catalog, which encompasses both reds and whites in flavors ranging from sweet to dry.
Tips from Groupon Customers
“GREAT WINE, GREAT STAFF Enjoyed the time spent there. ”
“Ask for Rachael as your wine tasting girl. She was great- and has an amazing singing voice :-) Definitely go outside and relax under the pavilion by the vines. ”
“Had a great time and our hostesses was wonderful! ”
6245 US Hwy 52
Salisbury, North Carolina 28146Get Directions