Without exercise, children will never build the strength to cut their own sandwich crusts or throw each other onto the roof to retrieve their frisbees. Foster childhood vigor with this Groupon.
Choose from 12 Options
C$49 for a 10-week Spikes learn-to-play volleyball program (C$130 value). Choose from the following:
- 11 a.m.–12 p.m. on Saturdays at David Leeder Middle School
- 2:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m. on Saturdays at David Leeder Middle School
- 11 a.m.–12 p.m. on Saturdays at North Park Secondary School
- 1:30 p.m.–2:30 p.m. on Saturdays at North Park Secondary School
- 11 a.m.–12 p.m. on Saturdays at Ernest C. Drury School for the Deaf
- 2:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m. on Saturdays at Ernest C. Drury School for the Deaf
- 1:30 p.m.–2:30 p.m. on Sundays at Mississauga Secondary School
- 4:30 p.m.–5:30 p.m. on Sundays at Mississauga Secondary School
- 2 p.m.–3 p.m. on Sundays at West Credit Secondary School
- 6 p.m.–7 p.m. on Sundays at West Credit Secondary School
- 6 p.m.–7 p.m. on Tuesdays at Derry West Village P.S.
- 7 p.m.–8 p.m. on Tuesdays at Derry West Village P.S.<p>
In groups of 30–50, players aged 6–13 master volleyball basics in a fun, laid-back environment. Novice athletes circle up for five minutes of dynamic warm-ups, then learn and practice new skills, such as passing and serving, via drills and actual game play. Players should bring workout clothes but will be provided with a Spikes T-shirt at the beginning of program.<p>
Pakmen Volleyball Club
When the students in Kelly Smith’s middle-school classroom wanted an extracurricular outlet for their volleyball skills, the educator was quick to oblige. He founded the nonprofit Pakmen Volleyball Club in response to the kids' request, personally devoting 30,000 hours to the cause and asking his crew of volunteers, including a former coach of the medal-winning Sheridan Bruins volleyball team, to help out with their own pro bono labor. As Kelly expanded the club to include year-round leagues and lessons as well as summer programs on the beach, his seasoned coaches began breeding champions at the provincial and international levels. With teams that range from recreational squads of beginners to die-hard groups of competitors, the club has something to offer every age, skill level, and shoe size.
100% of 84 customers recommend
“Great introduction for kids”
“Amazing coaches. Very well organized. ”
“I would definately recommend Pakmen to others (and already have)...”