Old masters rewarded observant art critics by hiding things in their paintings, such as discreet self-portraits and lewd caricatures of the queen. Redeem art history with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $20 for a one-year individual membership (a $40 value)
- $30 for a one-year family membership (a $60 value)
Memberships include the following:
- Admission to exhibits, the Hands On for Kids Gallery, and regular programs and activities
- One guest pass for individual memberships; two guest passes for family memberships
- 10% off gallery-shop purchases
- Early registration and 10% off classes
- Invitations to exhibition openings and other members-only events
- Email updates and newsletters
Members can view exhibitions such as Vanishing American Icons: Photography by Brian Beachum, which uses black-and-white photography to explore a time when technology wasn’t so ubiquitous. See a full list of current exhibits.
Peninsula Fine Arts Center
Peninsula Fine Arts Center isn't a passive art museum where guests stare silently at paintings and statues. Instead, the center uses rotating exhibitions of paintings, photographs, and pottery to inspire visitors to create their own artwork. To that end, the exhibiting artists often teach in the center's Studio Art School. Classes range from single-day workshops to 10-week sessions, during which instructors might teach small groups to paint with watercolors or change out a flat pottery wheel. The instructors keep their schedule balanced, leading classes that suit all ages and skill levels. Other classes, such as Little Helping Hands Adventure in Clay, let kids and adults create artwork together.
Kids don't need to sign up for classes to try out their art skills, however. In the Hands On for Kids interactive gallery, young patrons draw on a chalkboard wall, build with blocks, and complete various projects inspired by the exhibitions.
“Great art room for kids! We love going there!”
“Great traveling exhibit of the watercolors which were unique and varied. The gift shop is a marvel...great jewelry and at very reasonable prices.”
“The membership is absolutely worth it for all the free members events. ”
101 Museum Dr.
Newport News, Virginia 23606