Catering allows hosts to worry about real party-planning problems, such as tinkering with the smoke machine or deciding how many cans of soda to stuff into the piñata. Focus on the fun with this Groupon.
$899 for a Catered Pig-Roast Dinner for Up to 40 (Up to $1,800 Value)
- Three-person catering crew
- One 45-pound pig and one side dish (includes five hours of cook time and two hours of prep time)
- For cooking: 65 pounds of lump charcoal, as well as pig marinade, spices and rubs, and basting supplies
- For serving: rental of two canopy tents, two buffet tables with white linens, and chafing dishes as needed
- One luau necklace for each guest
- One hour for post-roast cleanup
- Transportation charges
Though this merchant sometimes offers a discounted price online, this Groupon is still the best deal available.
Pig Thyme Catering
The crew of Pig Thyme Catering brings the accoutrements of a Hawaiian-style luau to clients' backyards. A whole pig on a spit slowly turns over an open fire, and the fragrance of spices fills the air, turning evil tikis into friendly family pets. Hawaiian-style side dishes made with pineapple and special spice blends round out meals. Staff members can arrange for add-ons such as games, face painting, and beverage service.