What You Get
$40 for an Italian dinner for two people ($71 value)
- One appetizer to share ($12 value)
- Two entrees ($52 value)
- One dessert to share ($7 value)
$80 for an Italian dinner for four people ($142 value)
- Two appetizers to share ($24 value)
- Four entrees ($104 value)
- Two desserts to share ($14 value)
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select "Buy & Book" to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal
- Visit "My Groupons" or tap the mobile app to make a reservation
- Select day and time online to secure reservation
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
Porsena is a case-study in well-executed simplicity. That's thanks to owner and head chef Sara Jenkins, whose culinary pedigree shines through her pasta-centric menu. On each plate, diners find the attention to detail that one can expect from the daughter of a food critic who spent her childhood frequenting the trattorias of Tuscany and Rome. Offerings range from light—try the pasta al pomodoro, a minimalist blend of spaghetti, tomato sauce, basil, and parmigiano—to hearty, like the garlic pork sausage-laden rigatoni al norcino.
Porsena In the Press
- In 2014, the Michelin Guide chose Porsena as one of its picks for the NYC Bib Gourmand dining guide.
- New York Magazine featured the restaurant as a critics' pick in, describing Jenkins' cooking "rustic but refined."
- Mario Batali called Jenkins "one of the few chefs in America who understands Italy and how Italians eat."
Although chef Jenkins serves a diverse range of pasta dishes, each one has something in common: a base of artisanal noodles, typically cut using traditional bronze dies. "The pasta is rougher. . . it grabs the sauce better, as opposed to the pasta sitting in a pool of sauce,” Jenkins explained in an interview. Though artisan pastas are her main focus, she also whips up entrees such as the hangar steak and pork chops, whose tender juiciness New Yorkers have savored elsewhere; she's the culinary force behind the Manhattan restaurant Porchetta, which slings out celebrated roast-pork sandwiches.
Tips from Groupon Customers
“The wait staff was very helpful with in giving explanations and suggestions...delicious combinations and creative entrees...if u arrive early stop by the famous...”
“The wait staff was very helpful with in giving explanations and suggestions...delicious combinations and creative entrees...if u arrive early stop by the famous McSorly's pub next door for a pre dinner drink...”
“They have a wonderful menu. I highly recommend them.”
“Unpretentious atmosphere with great authentic Italian cooking. Menu is well planned and executed. No”
21 E 7th St
New York, New York 10003