An aquarium visit soothes the soul with visions of ambling fish and bubbling tanks that make us nostalgic for the gestation pods in which all human life begins. Come full circle with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
$45 for a one-year membership for two ($89.95 value)
$59 for a one-year family membership which includes two named adults and up to three named children or grandchildren younger than age 18 ($119.95 value)
- Unlimited visits
- 10% discount in the gift shop and discounts to other special events
- Early entrance on weekends and holidays
- $2 off general admission for up to five guests
$15 for an octopus encounter or morning rounds for one ($29.95 value)
- Octopus encounter: touch and play with a giant pacific octopus, the largest of its species, which grows up to 33 feet long. Encounters take place at 2 p.m. and last about 20 minutes, and guests may take photos. Museum admission is included.
- Morning rounds: learn how the staff begin the day, and see them feed and check on the animals, which may include jellyfish, seahorses, sharks, or reptiles. Rounds take place from 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., and museum admission is included.
$90 for a birthday party for up to 10 kids and adults ($180 value)
- Reserved party table for 90 minutes
- Educator party host
- Educational interactive tour
- Shark, fish, or bird food and a goody bag for each child
$59 for summer camp for one ($125 value)
- Three-day, two-hour camp each day
- Stingray camp for ages 8–12 or shark camp for ages 13–18
- Hands-on learning experience with the animals and lessons on their care, diet, and habitat
- Click here for the camps’ schedules
Portland Aquarium, a December 2012 addition to Milwaukie, introduces visitors to thousands of waterborne species. Guests can slide their hands along the smooth flesh of a stingray or the knobby arms of a starfish or engage in staring contests with leopard sharks and jellyfish. Other exhibits include a cold-water tank filled with fish native to Oregon's coast and a rainforest-themed jungle gym for children. The tropical touch-tank woos visitors with its displays of vibrant-color aquatic life while amphibious wonders, including poison dart frogs, thrill visitors. Those seeking bigger thrills may visit the ball pythons and bearded dragons or get their picture taken with a lorikeet. Land-loving iguanas also lurch around in the mix.
What some people are buzzing about:
“Great place, fun for all ages”
“Great place for kids and birthday parties”
“Fun place to see, feed , and interact with sea life and birds! My grandchildren love it there! Wear sensible shoes, as floors may be wet and slippery.”