Until the personal watercraft was invented, mankind's only hope for summer fun involved competitive sunburning and watching flowers die. Make the outdoors great with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $49 for a two-hour standup paddleboard experience with a beginner's lesson and paddle time for one (a $130 value)
- $59 for the above experience for two (a $260 value)
- $80 for the above experience for three (a $390 value)
- $20 for a two-hour standup paddleboard rental for one (a $50 value)
- $38 for the above rental for two (a $100 value)
- $58 for the above rental for three (a $150 value)
During lessons at one of four locations, students learn the basics of paddleboarding from a lifelong watersports lover. They practice foot placement, balance, and the finer points of steering. The coach runs through a few important safety tips, such as the most comfortable way to fall, how to recover the board and paddle, and the incantation that summons help from nearby dolphins. The lesson typically takes one hour, after which students are free to embark on their own for the remainder of their time. Rentals are available Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. Life jackets are provided; wetsuits are not required. Students are recommended to bring a dry change of clothes.
Pure Water Sports
Pure Water Sports owner Tim Haines goes whichever way the wind blows him, especially when he's skirting across the water on his kiteboard. If he says he's a waterman, it's because he's spent most of his life on the waves. Sharing his seaside passion with others, he holds lessons in the emerald beauty of Marina Bay and rents out equipment to encourage others to explore. For an additional challenge, SUP Yoga classes allow participants to test their strength and balance out on the water. During lessons, students keep warm in rented wetsuits or stay cool in sequined board shorts.