It's easy to recognize a classic car, whether you're running a hand along its elegant contours or discovering the team of strong, tiny men beneath its hood. See their tiny glistening muscles with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $13 for a one-year individual membership ($25 value)
- $18 for a one-year family membership, valid for two parents and up to four children ($35 value)
Membership includes: * Free admission to the museum * Subscription to the museum’s award-winning quarterly e-newsletter * 10% off in the museum store
The value of this deal is based on regular membership prices and doesn’t reflect student or senior discounts.
R.E. Olds Transportation Museum
Ransom Eli Olds was certainly one of Lansing's most prolific citizens. The inventor, entrepreneur, and financier helped revolutionize the automobile industry, specifically through the two companies he founded in the area: Olds Motor Works in 1897 and REO Motor Car Company in 1904.
- Size: the museum's collection holds more than 50 vehicles and thousands of automotive relics
- Oldest Vehicle: the 1886 Oldsmobile Steam Carriage—Olds's first horseless carriage, this three-wheeled vehicle ran on gasoline and dreams
- Most Modern: the 2003 Cadillac CTS
- Eye Catcher: the Oldsmobile '88', a bright blue stencil-covered stock car that won 22 of 37 races in 1953
- Don't Miss: the Curved Dash Oldsmobile, the first high-production automobile
- Pro Tip: cars rotate in and out of displays; call ahead if you're interested in a specific vehicle
“It's great seeing the history in these cars as well as the history of Lansing in relation to them.”
The Stadium District
240 Museum Dr.
Lansing, Michigan 48933