Without wheels, racecars would only serve their intended purposes: as beds for children and as metaphors for life. Take hold of the wheel with today's Groupon to Racing Box at Summit Point Motorsports Park. Choose from the following options:
- For $99, you get to drive 1 lap in a Ferrari, a Lamborghini, or an Aston Martin (a $259 value).
- For $149, you get to drive 2 laps in a Ferrari, a Lamborghini, or an Aston Martin (a $299 value).
- For $199, you get to drive 3 laps in a Ferrari, a Lamborghini, or an Aston Martin (a $399 value).
- For $519, you get to drive 10 laps in a Ferrari, a Lamborghini, or an Aston Martin (a $1,199 value).
- For $899, you get to drive 21 laps in a Ferrari, a Lamborghini, or an Aston Martin (a $1,999 value).
The automotive aficionados at Racing Box teach aspirant wheel wielders to pilot luxury cars on a racing track. The 45-minute vehicular voyage revs up as Racing Box's staff imparts a technical briefing, demonstrates proper technique, and details a set of safety instructions, such as when it's necessary to wear a traffic cone over one's face. Before gripping the wheel, pupils sit back in a Porsche Cayenne while the pro escorts the passenger and one friend around two laps of the 1.12-mile track. A driving simulator further acquaints passengers with the car before allowing them to set foot on the pedal of a Ferrari, a Lamborghini, or an Aston Martin. Once strapped in, the blooming motorist careens around the track for 1, 2, 3, 10, or 21 asphalt-shredding laps. Post-jaunt, racers take home or tattoo foreheads with a driving certificate that proves their accelerant authenticity.
The trained and certified driving instructors at Racing Box instill their passion for motorsports in people through patient, thorough driving instruction. They teach visitors to properly control the muscle of international supercars such as the Ferrari F430 F1, Lamborghini Gallardo, and Aston Martin, as well as Formula 1 racecars, at four driving circuits across the country. Driver and instructor swap seats and friendship bracelets during each session, mixing observational learning with hands-on driving time on racetracks measuring up to 2.5 miles in length.