Nothing warms the belly more than a bowl of hot soup, except maybe taking a nap with a microwaved potato. Warm yourself from the inside with this Groupon.
$25 for Ramen Meal for Two ($55 Value)
- Two drinks, chosen from house sake, Sapporo draft beer, and soft drinks
- Two small dishes, chosen from house salad, cold spicy tofu, and marinated bean sprouts
- One shared appetizer, chosen from hot spicy chicken wings, fried chicken tatsuta, and garlic potato
- One shared half-size rice dish, either pork fried rice or vegetable fried rice
- Two half-sized bowls of ramen
Just because on some nights you might find chef-owner Sammy Kubo playing jazz drums at Kuboya doesn't mean that his focus is split. Even as he keeps rhythm for the delight of crowd, he still oversees a kitchen at work crafting steaming bowls of ramen and other Japanese staples. The soups are loaded with char-siu pork or chicken, crisp veggies, and miso or soy-based broth. Other homestyle menu items include katsu curry, takoyaki, and salmon onigiri. The eatery is cozy, too, with exposed brick walls and woven cane chairs with woven backs.
It is rare when the delicious picture on a menu looks exactly as good when brought out. Lucky for me it tasted as good as it lookedGeoffrey H., Yelp, 7/13/13
the noodles are great, and the chashu pork is very soft and is the perfect consistency. The pork buns are really good!Cathy L., Yelp, 7/9/13
“it was very authentic, and not crowded :)”
“Nice staff, good food, totally worth it”
“Delicious ramen and great appetizers!!”
536 E 5th St., Ste. 2
New York, New York 10009