Oceans are the earth’s final frontier, holding thousands of uncategorized species of fish and one plastic bag filled with loose doll hairs. Uncover the mysteries of the deep with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $399 for a 25-hour PADI open-water-certification course on a Saturday and Sunday, plus a weekend at Catalina Island (a $1,200 total value)
- $399 for the above course valid only for two consecutive Mondays and Wednesdays, plus a weekend at Catalina Island (a $1,200 value)
- $399 for the above course valid only for two consecutive Tuesdays and Thursdays, plus a weekend at Catalina Island (a $1,200 value)<p>
Each course includes the following:
- Required orientation with swim test (a $50 value)
- Six hours of classroom sessions (a $150 value)
- Six-hour pool session (a $150 value)
- Six hours of ocean sessions on each of two days (a $300 value)
- Classroom materials (a $75 value)
- Rental of hood, wetsuit, BCD, regulator, weights, and tank (a $150 value)
- Ride on the Catalina express ferry (a $75 value)
- Hotel stay at Seaport Village Inn in a four- to five-person suite with Sunday breakfast (a $225 value)
- Personal-identification card (a $25 value)<p>
During the weekend in Catalina, up to eight students per group meet their PADI-certified instructor at the 6 a.m. Catalina Express Ferry, which drops them off in Avalon. There, they spend the weekend learning the ropes and exploring the town while their gear is shuttled to and from the dive site at Casino Point courtesy of the Seaport Village Inn. They return to Long Beach on the 6 p.m. ferry on Sunday. Private accommodations can be requested for an additional fee, depending on availability. Parking fees ($30), air fills between dives (approximately $24), additional meals, and basic snorkeling gear is not included. See information regarding gear requirements and schedule here.
RC Scuba Center
Coral reefs seem to sway across the ocean floor, where purple starfish rest and large manta rays soar gracefully through the water overhead. When founder of RC Scuba Center Jeanne Whelchel set out on her first dive in 1975, this is the sort of vista she wished to see for herself. Today, with more than 8,000 dives in both cold and tropical waters under her belt, she opens oceanic exploration up to the masses. Her PADI-certified courses have certified more than 2,000 studnets and let the curious take their first breath underwater, the experienced work their way to master scuba diver, and the fugitive live the rest of their lives as fish. Aside from instruction, she and her staff of licensed instructors also organize dive charters, giving adept divers the opportunity to plunge the depths at nearby sites such as San Diego’s Wreck Alley or far-off locales such as the Red Sea.
RC Scuba Center
3017 N Cedar Ave
Rialto, CA 92377