Before jumping in the water, a prepared scuba diver will always check the air tanks and load a special underwater water gun that blasts water through water. Get enemies extra wet with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $183 for a four-day weekend PADI open-water certification course with a Laguna Beach dive test ($600 value)
- $183 for a six-day weekday PADI open-water certification course with a Laguna Beach dive test ($600 value)
- $324 for a six-day weekday PADI open-water certification course with a weekend on Catalina Island ($1,200 value)
- $324 for a four-day weekend PADI open-water certification course with a weekend on Catalina Island ($1,200 value)
Each course includes the following:
- Required orientation with swim test (you will also purchase required items at this time)
- 4–6 hours of classroom sessions
- 4- to 6-hour pool session
- Ocean-water dives
- Classroom materials
- Rental of hood, wetsuit, BCD, regulator, weights, and tank
- PADI open-water certification card upon course completion
- View the course calendar.
Weekend class packages are held at Rialto location. Weekday class packages are held at Irvine location. All participants must be able to pass a 200 yard freestyle swim test and tread water for 10 minutes.
During the weekend in Catalina, up to eight students per group meet their PADI-certified instructor at the 6 a.m. Catalina Express Ferry, which drops them off in Avalon. There, they spend the weekend learning the ropes and exploring the town while their gear is shuttled to and from the dive site at Casino Point courtesy of the Seaport Village Inn. They return to Long Beach on the 6 p.m. ferry on Sunday. The ferry, other transportation, one-night hotel stay, and Sunday breakfast are included in this Groupon. Private accommodations can be requested for an additional fee, depending on availability. Parking fees, air fills between dives, additional meals, and basic snorkeling gear are not included.
RC Scuba Center
Coral reefs seem to sway across the ocean floor, where purple starfish rest and large manta rays soar gracefully through the water overhead. When founder of RC Scuba Center Jeanne Whelchel set out on her first dive in 1975, this is the sort of vista she wished to see for herself. Today, with more than 8,000 dives in both cold and tropical waters under her belt, she opens oceanic exploration up to the masses. Her PADI-certified courses have certified more than 2,000 studnets and let the curious take their first breath underwater, the experienced work their way to master scuba diver, and the fugitive live the rest of their lives as fish. Aside from instruction, she and her staff of licensed instructors also organize dive charters, giving adept divers the opportunity to plunge the depths at nearby sites such as San Diego’s Wreck Alley or far-off locales such as the Red Sea.
3017 N Cedar Ave
Rialto, California 92377