Athleticism is more than leaping over a hurdle and drop-kicking a computer after it beats you in chess. Be a good sport with this Groupon.
$199 for a One-Week Youth Baseball Camp ($400 Value)
- For ages 7–13; click here for general information
- Held at Stephen Schott Stadium at Santa Clara University
- Includes daily lunch, camp t-shirt, and SCU hat
- Led by current SCU coaches and current and former players
- Campers must bring their own equipment
- Four July sessions available; click here for dates and times
Like a perfectly broken-in glove or a lucky bat, RD Academy stays with ballplayers for years and years. It also plays an important role in a ballplayer's development.
When Santa Clara University head baseball coach Dan O'Brien founded the academy, he didn't design it for just one age group, but instead as a resource that players can turn to from the moment they pick up a ball to the moment they have to pick out a college. The academy's youth camps, for instance, emphasize the game's fundamentals to kids aged 7–13. When the time comes to move up to the next level, the academy organizes high school showcases, where ballplayers can impress college coaches without hurling a fastball through their bedroom window, and then immediately repairing the window.