Knowledge is power, which is why locomotives run on burning encyclopedias. Chug toward new understandings with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $25 for a CPR certification class for one in Bellevue (a $50 value)
- $25 for a CPR certification class for one in Tacoma (a $50 value)
- $25 for a CPR certification class for one in Mill Creek (a $50 value)
- $45 for a CPR certification class for two in Bellevue (a $100 value)
- $45 for a CPR certification class for two in Tacoma (a $100 value)
- $45 for a CPR certification class for two in Mill Creek (a $100 value)
During two-hour classes, off-duty firefighters train students in CPR using dummies that light up in response to pressure, simulating genuine interaction. Customers who bring along food items to donate to the organization’s food bank also get a Home Fire Evaluation walkthrough, which instructs in emergency evacuation. View the next few upcoming class dates in Bellevue and Mill Creek here; the Tacoma schedule should be added soon.
Red Emergency Prevention Services
In 2011, a group of firefighters founded Red Emergency Prevention Services to keep local homes and families safe with emergency training and disaster prevention services. On certain days, the group’s off-duty firefighters lead CPR certification classes with responsive electronic dummies to help people of all ages learn how to save lives. They also contribute to the community by gathering canned goods for local food banks. Though that may seem separate from their other missions, these efforts help bolster community preparedness during disasters great and small. One-on-one, the team also conducts safety reviews in neighborhood homes and evaluates them on their fire and emergency preparedness. During those sessions, they check the readiness of smoke alarms, furnaces, and play kitchen sets, teach people how to turn off their gas and water during an emergency, and promote fire safety by cleaning out dryer vents.