Jack o'lanterns are a fall tradition, like squirting all your leftover sunblock in an ice-cube tray and putting the tray in the freezer. Savor the season with this Groupon.
$16 for one ticket to Rise of the Jack O’Lanterns ($26 value)
- Sunday, October 5, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, October 5, at 9:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 8, at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 8, at 8:45 p.m.
- Thursday, October 9, at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, October 9, at 8:45 p.m.
- Saturday, October 11, at 10:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 12, at 8:45 p.m.
- Sunday, October 12, at 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 15 at 6:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 15, at 9:15 p.m.
- Thursday, October 16, at 6:45 p.m.
- Thursday, October 16, at 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 17, at 10:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 18, at 10 p.m.
- Sunday, October 19, at 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 22, at 9 p.m.
- Sunday, October 26, at 9 p.m.
- Thursday, October 30, at 9:30 p.m.
- Sunday, November 2, at 9:30 p.m.
More than 5,000 jack o’lanterns with hand-carved designs illuminate a trail at Descanso Gardens. Visitors walk a 1/3-mile loop over the course of 45–60 minutes as music and lighting effects create a Halloween atmosphere.
RISE of the Jack O'Lanterns
From scary movies to haunted houses, Halloween entertainment often errs more toward the trick end of the holiday's trick-or-treat spectrum. RISE of the Jack O'Lanterns, however, embraces treats with its scare-free, family-friendly walking trail, which showcases more than 5,000 hand-carved and illuminated Jack O'Lanterns. Each unique piece is the work of local artists and sculptors, who spend anywhere from a few minutes to upwards of 20 hours on their designs. Alongside mountains of pumpkins, the show also spotlights a few gourds standing around 3 feet tall.
Those images are arranged according to theme along the trail, leading guests past groupings of pumpkins carved with everything from characters on The Big Bang Theory to Tim Burton creations, all accompanied by corresponding songs. 200 hanging lanterns, 75 floodlights, and a few fireflies just hanging around illuminate the 1/3-mile path, and on select nights, guests can see live carving demonstrations with artists featured on Food Network and the Travel Channel.
“It looks like a fun activity to do with the kids I already get my tickets for my kids were going to have a great time”
“It was ssuch a cool experience for all ages would love to go back next year!”
“Wear comfortable and warm clothes. ”
1418 Descanso Dr.
La Cañada Flintridge, California 91011Get Directions