Tea was discovered in ancient China when a leaf blew in the window and landed in the emperor's bath, which he was slurping through a straw. Sip leaves steeped more decorously with this Groupon.
$27.50 for Tea for two (a $51.98 value)
- Two scones with Devon cream and Kusmi jam
- Mini danish
- Mini Atlantic smoked salmon sandwich on a scone
- Italian prosciutto wrapped grilled pepper
- Mini shrimp salad sandwich served on a crispy crouton
- Daily quiche
- Macarons, crème brûlée, and two daily desserts
- Coffee or Kusmi tea
Diners choose between the Richmond Hill or Toronto location. Tea time hours are Monday-Thursday from 1:30 p.m.-6 p.m. and Friday-Sunday from 1:30 p.m.-4 p.m.
The macaron display case at Ruelo Patisserie is an edible rainbow of tiny, round sandwich cookies. Each flavour is lined up in neat rows, waiting to be savoured with a cup of afternoon tea or alongside another treat from the café. These little sandwich cookies are even known to make an appearance in the shop's extravagant cakes. The cakes are made with classic French cooking methods and the bakers use only natural ingredients every step of the way.