Variety is the spice of life, recently replacing "Ol' Paw Johnson's Life Spice—Now With Real Flakes of Life!" Shake things up with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $10 for $20 worth of food and drinks at Sala Thai on M Street
- $15 for $30 worth of food and drinks at Sushi U on U Street
- $20 for $40 worth of food and drinks at Sala Thai on U Street
- $20 for $40 worth of food and drinks at Sala Thai in Bethesda
- $20 for $40 worth of food and drinks at Sala Thai in Petworth
Each restaurant location serves its own menu of authentic Thai dishes or sushi; click on the above location links for specifics.
Though united by their name and a penchant for serving spicy Southeast Asian cuisine, each Sala Thai restaurant blazes its own culinary trail. Some dishes, such as the kee mao—flat rice noodles sautéed in hot chilis—sate diners' hungers at all locations, and other bites, such as M Street's red-curry pork with pineapple, can only be found in one place. To appease a variety of tastes, some locations also serve fresh, neatly rolled sushi. The Petworth, Bethesda, and U Street restaurants also calm customers' cravings for saxophone melodies and dark sunglasses worn indoors with live jazz performances on Fridays and Saturdays.
“great neighborhood restaurant....good jazz too.”
“Happy hour is pretty good”
“Great service, great food!”