Choose from Five Options
- $29.99 for three introductory sword classes ($90 value)
- $79 for one month of unlimited training classes ($200 value)
- $79 for five kendo classes and a bamboo training sword ($185 value)
- $109 for five German longsword classes and nylon German longsword ($250 value)
- $119 for five real sword classes and a metal training sword ($300 value)
Children as young as 10 are welcome to participate in the three-class introductory package; all other classes require an age minimum of 15 years. Those who choose kendo classes sport traditional uniforms and protective gear while learning to master the art’s signature bamboo sword, and longsword students pick up skills in body coordination before they practice sparring and test cutting.
Sword Class NYC
As featured in The New York Times, each of Sword Class NYC's instructors have over a decade of experience as a student of the sword, using that knowledge to arm students with practice blades and the self-confidence, focus, and respect to wield them properly. During both group and private classes, instructors teach various types of sword training that demands both mental and physical focus to draw the weapon from its scabbard, perform a swift cut, and gain the ability to dice vegetables just by furrowing a brow. Additionally, Sword Class NYC has recently started offering youth kendo sword classes once a week to students from 10–14 years old.