Choose Between Two Options
- $15 for admission for two
- $29 for admission for four
- View visitor information
- Please check the upcoming exhibitions before planning your visit.
San Jose Museum of Art
Since 1969, the San Jose Museum of Art has acquired works that define the art of the time. Over the decades, that has included abstract paintings from the mid-20th century, sculptures from Bay Area artists, and new media works that echo the rise of Silicon Valley. Many have been drawn to the museum's artistic cause; in fact, more than 95% of the permanent collection has come from donations.
- Inside the Rotating Collection: paintings, sculpture, installations, new media, photography, drawings, prints, and artist's books. Exhibits this fall include Robert Henri's California Portraits, Momentum: an experiment in the unexpected, David Levinthal: Make Believe, and more.
- Hands-On Activities: Visitor photography encouraged; free Art Packs filled with gallery activities; sketching and poem-writing activities
- The Building: a 19th-century library with a new wing added in 1991 to accommodate the growing collection
- Pro Tip: the museum stays open late (until 8 p.m.) on the third Thursday of every month
- Special Programs: free guided tours, artist interviews, and a kids' art camp
Downtown San Jose
110 S Market St.
San Jose, California 95113