Many great musicians start out banging on pots and pans, because they sound like drums and because musicians have absolutely no respect for the culinary profession. Get cooking on a new instrument with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $250 for School of Rock summer camp that runs from July 7-11 ($500 value)
- $250 for Beatles summer camp that runs from July 14-18 ($500 value)
- $250 for Led Zeppelin summer camp that runs from July 21-25 ($500 value)
- $250 for School of Rock summer camp that runs from July 28-August 1 ($500 value)
- $250 for songwriting summer camp that runs from August 4-8 ($500 value)
- $300 for recording summer camp that runs from August 11-15 ($600 value)
In School of Rock music camps, budding rockers can learn to plays classics from a mix of rtists, or focus on the work of an iconic band. The performance-focused camps culminate in live showcases, unlike songwriting and recording camps, whose hands-on lessons focus on more behind-the-scenes art forms. All camps run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily; see more details and the full camp schedule here.
School of Rock
In 1998, School of Rock's first location was built in Philadelphia to strengthen students' self-confidence, develop their musicianship, and most importantly, spark an insatiable enthusiasm to learn. Today, the School of Rock franchise has branched out to more than 65 locations throughout the United States and Mexico. During the school's music lessons, encouraging instructors well versed in methods of rocking and rolling—such as strumming guitars, tickling keyboards, and causing avalanches with yodels—demystify music theory for mini Mick Jaggers of all skill levels.
School of Rock's Rock 101 program acquaints beginners with the instrument of their choice using a curriculum of weekly private lessons and group band rehearsals. Virtuosos ready to hit the stage can participate in the performance program, which prepares students for live performances that pay homage to beloved rock icons such as Queen, Led Zeppelin, and Mount Rushmore.