Going to a restaurant with a fancy menu is a great way to impress a date, who might not otherwise know you can read. Order for the table with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$63 for a prix fixe French dinner for two (up to a $121 total value)
$123 for a prix fixe French dinner for four (up to a $242 total value)
Each pair of diners receives:
- Two servings of soup du jour or house salad (a $9 value each)
- Two entrees from the following options: grilled chicken, salmon, pork tenderloin, or vegetarian dinner (up to a $28 value each)
- Two desserts from the following options: chocolate surprise cake or floating island (up to a $9 value each)
- Two coffees or teas (a $3 value each)
- One bottle of Salmon Creek wine (a $23 value)
Secret Garden Restaurant
Al fresco paintings and beds of red riding hoods, lilies, and roses decorate Secret Garden Restaurant’s outdoor patio, whose retractable awning allows feasts to unfold beneath cloudless blue or starry night skies. Spotlighted on USA Today’s list of romantic restaurants in Ventura County, the patio’s charming gardens and gazebo frequently double as a wedding venue. While sun- and moonlight help illuminate outdoor meals, iridescent chandeliers and candles wedged into silver candelabras light a Victorian-style dining room filled with 100-year-old English tables and chairs.
Lest the scenery completely dominate his diners’ attention, Chef Michel Bardavid’s meticulous presentations draw eyes to his plates of French cuisine. The French native uses seasonal ingredients to create dishes such as quail stuffed with mushroom and sausage, duck confit and cippolini onions tossed with fettuccini, and lobster bisque spiked with a hint of cognac. A bottle from the generous wine menu enhances the chef’s creations, just as a talking dog enhances any undercover police investigations.