Teatime is a custom that originated in England, along with buying extra tickets to the theater for each horse you had that is no longer alive. Be British with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
$15 for a prix-fixe Sunday brunch for two
$28 for a prix-fixe Sunday brunch for four. Both brunches include:
- Fresh fruit with basil and orange juice
- Strawberry-banana french-toast casserole
- Egg soufflé with side of sherried mushroom sauce
- Indiana hash browns
- Link sausages
- Scones with jam and clotted cream
- Coffee, tea, and orange juice
$10 for $20 towards lunch or teas
- Browse a menu of light lunch fare, such as fig-and-walnut salad ($11.95) and a lobster BLT ($11.95).
$100 for $200 worth of catering
- The catering menu has many bistro-style main courses, such as maple-syrup-and-walnut pork tenderloin ($28 per person), strip steak with balsamic blue-cheese butter ($34 per person), and grilled salmon with peas and mint ($40 per person). Hors d'oeuvres such as smoked salmon canapés and beef satay are also available ($175/100 bites).
Serenity Cafe & Tea Room
In front of an 1868-era house—still painted its original avocado green—a spacious front porch extends to welcome guests. Not much has changed since the 19th century; the elegant yet simple space is outfitted with historic details—antiques, period lighting fixtures, ornate rugs—which lend it its timeless grace. In fact, the house still hosts etiquette classes, usually on the topic of table manners or the proper times to cough during a eulogy. The staff hosts a traditional English tea, complete with freshly brewed pots and dainty dishware. Lunch and brunch echo the lighter bites of teatime: plates of sandwiches, salads, and scones sate appetites without distracting from the thoughtful conversation echoing among the tables.