Few things are as satisfying as a good meal or the thrum of a crossbow as it sends a bolt into a ham. Hit the spot with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$25 for $50 worth of gourmet dinner cuisine for tables of two or more
$50 for $100 worth of gourmet dinner cuisine for tables of four or more
Some menu items include:
- Spicy chicken fettuccine with cilantro, chili flakes, and a tequila parmesan cream sauce ($16)
- Shepherd’s Pie with red wine-braised lamb ($16)
- Prime rib from Niman Ranch with garlic mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, and horseradish ($28.95)
- Wild salmon with dill tartar sauce and pickled shallots ($18)
- Lobster pot pie with herbs, truffles, and butter-poached lobster ($19)
To view the entire dinner menu, click here.
Sheepherder Bar & Grille
In 1913, the Sheepherder Bar & Grille’s building on Folsom Boulevard was known as the Citrus Inn, and the hoteliers supplemented their income selling produce in front of the building. A 2006 renovation restored the hotel to glory with beautiful wooden rafters, three grand fireplaces, and solid stone columns, creating a refined, rustic vibe. The food has gotten an upgrade since then, too. Guests can enjoy tender prime rib from Niman Ranch or burgers with Boar's Head bacon, traditional shepherd’s pie, or wild-caught salmon with dill-infused tartar sauce. The double-cut pork chop comes drenched in red wine sauce and apple-cinnamon butter, and the meatloaf sports a coat of house-made Jack Daniels barbecue sauce. Later, head over to the Citrus Bar (named in honor of the original establishment) for an after-dinner drink and staring contest. Guests arriving on Friday nights will find live music wafting through the restaurant, and a happy hour held from 3–7 p.m. invites diners to kick dinner off in style.