Choose Between Two Options
- $50 for a CHL course for one ($99 value)
- $75 for a CHL course for two ($198 value)
Select "Texas CHL" from the "Class" drop-down menu on the schedule and click on the "Info" tab for more information. Classes begin at 8 a.m., and no students will be permitted to attend after this time. The facility requests that each student brings his or her current, valid, photo ID and firearm of a .32 caliber or higher with 50 rounds of ammunition. Students may bring the firearms into the classroom, though they must be unloaded and cased. Those who wish to rent a firearm can do so for an additional fee ($13.50) and can purchase ammunition onsite.
Two range locations
- 10 public lanes, 1 private lane, and 5 private suites in Fort Worth
- 7 public lanes and 4 private suites in Grand Prairie
- All lanes are 15 yards long
- Electronic target-retrieval systems
- More than 100 rental firearms
- Handguns in calibers of up to .45
- Rifles in calibers such as 5.56 mm.
- One fee grants access to multiple firearms
At a Glance
Every staff member at Shoot Smart attends NRA Range Safety Officer training, and each instructor passes a rigorous certification program. Only then are they ready to take students through Shoot Smart's proprietary training path. That curriculum encompasses five levels of firearms classes, starting with a New Shooter I session for complete beginners. From there, instructors cover more advanced skills, such as firing in the dark and operating an AR-15. Shoot Smart's team also includes a gunsmith, who is available to clean and maintain firearms Tuesday–Saturday.